Make a claim
If the unfortunate should happen on your trip, we're here to help make your claim journey as stress-free as possible.
If you need to make a claim on your travel insurance, simply download, print and complete the appropriate from and return with all supporting documentation to the address below.
If you're abroad right now and need emergency assistance use the numbers below, any time of day or night:
If you are anywhere except the USA, Canada or Mexico
If you are in the USA or Canada
If you are in Mexico
Before you make a claim
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED. WE CANNOT ACCEPT PHOTOCOPIES, SCANNED OR FAXED DOCUMENTS, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AGREED BY US.
- The Travel Insurance Certificate together with the receipt issued by the Travel Agent showing payment of the Insurance Premium.
- The Tour Operators or Travel Providers booking document(s) showing the total cost of the holiday.
- Travel Tickets (Airline/Ferry/Coach etc.)
- Your Travel Itinerary
A photocopy of your passport page showing your photograph, name and date of birth
(This is only required to verify the identity of the claimant(s))
- Documents to support any discount given to you for your Travel Arrangement
Please read our guide before making a claimGuide to making a Claim
If in doubt, please call our Claims Team:
If your policy begins with SRT
Telephone +44 (0) 1403 788 983 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your policy begins with STA
Telephone 0330 0200 134 or send us an email to email@example.com
Claims forms for download:
- Cancellation Expenses
- Curtailment Expenses
- Medical Expenses and Medical Disablement
- Personal/Business Effects, Money and Documents
- Personal Liability
- Travel Delay & Travel Disruption
- Ski Equipment, Ski Hire, Ski Pack & Piste Closure
Please return your fully completed form(s) to starttravel.co.uk, care of ERGO Insurance Services, PO Box 9, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 7BL