Before you Travel...
- Make sure your passport is up to date and that there is at least 6 months left on it from when you travel.
- Check with your GP if you will need any vaccinations before your trip.
- Write a checklist of items you will need to take with you to avoid forgetting anything important.
- Ensure all windows and doors in your home are properly locked and all electrical items have been turned off before you leave, apart from your fridge and freezer of course.
- If you have pets, book kennels and catteries in advance or ensure that someone you know can take care of them whilst you are away.
- Put the medical emergency telephone number in your mobile phone. The starttravel.co.uk emergency assistance number is +44 (0)1444 454 540.
- Leave plenty of time to get to the airport – there is nothing worse than having to rush around before your holiday or having to panic when you hit heavy traffic!
- Use a comparison website for your travel money to find the best deal for the currency you require.
- Book your airport parking in advance to get the cheapest deal.
- Let your bank know that you are travelling and check what the charges are for using your bank cards abroad.
- Make sure that every part of your trip is covered and if you plan to participate in any activities whilst you are away, check page 21 of your starttravel.co.uk policy wording to ensure that we can cover you. If you have any questions, simply get in touch by ringing 0333 320 1240 and we will be happy to help.