Annual multi-trip and single trip insurance
Contact us: 0333 320 1240

Frequently asked questions about our travel insurance

What happens if I fall ill or become injured abroad?
Please call our Medical Assistance company as soon as possible on +44 (0)1444 454 540.
They will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will be able to advise you of the next steps to take and if any costs involved can be authorised. If this is not possible immediately due to the seriousness of the condition, you must contact the Assistance Company as soon as you can after admission to hospital.
How do I make a non-medical claim?
Please contact our Claims Department as soon as possible on +44 (0) 1403 788983 or obtain a claim form from to obtain a claim form. Claims must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event.
Am I covered for pre-existing medical conditions?
As with most travel insurance policies, this policy does not cover you for any pre-existing medical conditions diagnosed, investigated or treated prior to the trip. If you do require cover for your pre-existing medical conditions, please ring ERV Medi-care on 01403 788 510 and quote ‘’. You will then be advised whether it is possible for cover to be considered.
Does the policy cover me if I am a not a UK resident?
Unfortunately, we are only able to cover UK residents and only trips that start and end in the UK.
When does my cover commence?
When you buy a single trip policy, you will be covered for Cancellation as soon as you have paid for it and cover for all policy benefits will commence on the travel date you select. With annual multi trip policies, you can choose when you would like the policy to start and cover will commence on the date you have selected.
What are the policy age limits?
The policy is available for customers aged 70 years or under at the time of purchase for both annual and single policies. However, it is possible that quotations may be considered for customers exceeding this age if you call 01403 788 510 and quote ‘’. Opening hours are Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 17:30.
I forgot to take out travel insurance but have now reached my destination. Can I purchase a policy now?
Unfortunately, if you have already left for your trip, we are unable to issue a policy to you due to the cover having to start and end in the United Kingdom. If you are already away, we cannot set up a new policy for you.
Do I need travel insurance if I have an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card)?
The EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or costs such as mountain rescue in ski resorts, being flown back to the UK, or lost or stolen property. Therefore, it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. You may not be able to use the card in some parts of the European Economic Area as state-provided healthcare may not be available.

Please note that travel insurance is not Private Medical Insurance and you should always seek permission from our Medical Assistance company before incurring Private Medical Costs in excess of £500.00 as there may be adequate/superior State Hospital Facilities nearby where you will be treated under the EHIC.
I am pregnant – am I covered for medical expenses?
You are not covered for any costs related to pregnancy or childbirth, unless the claim is certified by a Medical Practitioner as necessary due to complications that could not have reasonably been foreseen by you.
What is the longest amount of time I can be out of the UK?
For annual multi trips, the number of days automatically included is 31 per trip. Single trip durations range from 5 to 185 days depending on the cover period purchased.
Do I need to take my policy documents away with me?
Yes, we strongly recommend that you take your policy documents away with you so that you have the important telephone numbers and details to hand if the worst should occur.
Am I covered if I am involved in acts of terrorism?
No, unfortunately, the policy does not cover you if you are involved in acts of terrorism or associated circumstances.
Which type of policy is the right one for me?
If you are travelling once over the next year, it may be better for you to have a single trip policy but if you intend to go on more than one trip, it is likely that it will be better value for you to purchase an annual multi trip. The cover lasts an entire year, allowing you to simply enjoy your holidays without having to think about travel insurance each time you travel, but please ensure that you travel within the geographical area that applies to the policy you have purchased. With regards to policy type, please check the cover limits carefully to ensure that it suits your requirements.
Am I covered to participate in any hazardous activities?
You are automatically covered for some activities under the policy and please see page 21 of the policy wording for our list of covered activities. Please read this carefully as some activities may exclude Personal Accident and Personal Liability cover. If you will be participating in an activity that is not listed, please contact us on +44 (0)333 320 1240. Opening hours are Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 17:30.
Does my policy cover me for winter sports?
There is no cover for winter sports as standard under the policy but you have the option to add this for a small charge, this will cover you for up to 40 days of winter sports for a single trip policy and annual policies will cover you up to 31 days in total per year. This is available for individuals up to the age of 64 years.
Am I covered if my trip is cancelled due to volcanic ash?
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover you if your flight is delayed or cancelled due to volcanic ash affecting air space.
Am I able to upgrade my policy to include extra cover?
Yes, you can upgrade your policy to include extra cover such as adding Wintersports but please contact our enquiries team to advise them of this before you travel. We are unable to amend details once you have left for your trip.
If I buy a policy, what happens if I realise that it does not suit my needs?
Provided that you have not yet travelled and have not claimed under the policy, we are able to cancel your policy and provide you with a full refund within 14 days from when the policy was purchased.
What should I do if I notice a mistake on my policy schedule?
If you see something that needs to be amended, please get in touch as soon as possible by ringing +44 (0) 333 320 1240 or email Opening hours are Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 17:30.
Back to top is administered by Call Assist Limited. Call Assist is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Firm Registration Number 304838. Registered address: Axis Court, North Station Road, Colchester, Essex CO1 1UX. Registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 03668383

This insurance is underwritten by the United Kingdom branch of Europäische Reiseversicherung (ERV) A.G. an Ergo Group Company incorporated and regulated under the laws of Germany. Companies House Registration FC 25660 and Branch Registration BR 007939. ERV is authorised by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstliestungsaufsicht (BAFIN - and the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the extent of Our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from Us on request. Our registration number is 220041.

View our Policy Documents
Policy Document
Essential Cover IPID
4 Star Cover IPID
5 Star Cover IPID
Important Information
Terms of Business
Privacy Statement
Claim Forms

We use cookies on our website. To find out more and manage your cookie preferences with us please view our cookies policy. Close